Basic information of the sector
The jurisdiction of the Ministry in the field of copyright and related rights is:
- Drafting legislation and resolutions in the sphere of copyright and related rights;
- Submission of proposals on establishing consultative and expert commissions, councils and working groups in order to resolve topical issues related to copyright and related rights;
- Organizing and carrying out supervision of organizations that administer economic rights on a collective basis;
- Informing the community on the issues of copyright and related rights;
- Accumulating and analyzing information of the copyright and related right situation and supervision in the country;
- Analyzing the documents of the European Union, World Intellectual Property Organization and other institutions in the field of copyright and related rights, drafting of proposals for their implementation in the republic of Latvia.