Basic information of the sector
Competence of the Ministry in the field of Culture and Creative industries Education is:
• to develop a national strategy and to accomplish national policies in the field of Culture and Creative industries Education;
• to develop the respective legislative and policy documents;
• to ensure the implementation of Culture and Creative industries Education policy of the Ministry of subordinated public institutions;
• supervision of the Culture and Creative industries Education institutions under the authority of the Ministry of Culture;
• to develop proposals for state budget funds in the branch;
• to provide national research and investigations and to promote an efficient use of the results of those to facilitate the implementation of national policy in the field of Culture and Creative industries Education.
System of Culture and Creative industries Education in the country consists of:
- governmental, municipal and private specialized educational institutions, called ‘Music schools’ or ‘Art schools’ with Music, Art or Dance programs;
- governmental, municipal and private secondary vocational level educational institutions specialized in Music, visual Art, Design and Dance, called ‘Secondary Music schools’;
-state Arts’ academies, as well as 19 other higher education establishments providing study programs in Design and Culture Management.