Information Day at the National Library of Latvia on May 20
To show common, diverse and unifying traits of cultural traditions of various ethnic communities, as well as to inform the foreigners living in Latvia on the informative integration resources available, the Information Day will be held at the Conference Centre of the National Library of Latvia, at Mūkusalas Street 3, Riga on May 20 from 12:00 to 17:00!
Each participant will have a possibility to meet people of various ethnic communities in a non-formal setting and to receive practical information on the integration possibilities in Latvia.
12.00 - 17.00 – take part in the creative informative workshops
Opportunity to meet representatives of the organisations from different nations in person - Tatar, Bashkir, Uzbek, Buryat, Arab, Ukrainian, Russian, Jewish, Turkish, Chinese, who will involve the audience in creative workshops and present their language, costumes and traditions. The workshops will include making of oberegs, drawing and painting national patterns, learning shaman rituals and participating in table game tournament for children and grown-ups, etc.
12.00 - 17.00 – find out more about employment possibilities in Latvia at the Vacancy Carousel
- Opportunity to meet representatives from the State Employment Agency and Latvian Investment and Development Agency, who will inform about employment and business opportunities for foreigners in Latvia
- Meeting various businessmen who will tell about the employment offers and current vacancies in their companies
- Obtaining information about education opportunities for foreigners by visiting the stands of the Education Development Centre, Transport and Telecommunication Institute or Information System Management Institute
12.30 - 14.00 – participate and debate at the Thought Workshops
- Education opportunities for foreigners in Latvia - participation of representatives from higher education institutions and “The Education Development Centre”
- Employment market and business opportunities for foreigners - participation of representatives from State Employment Agency and Business Incubator
- Volunteer Work - participation of representatives from the Salvation Army and “Society of Free Interests of Youth” (”Jauniešu brīvo interešu biedrība”)
14.00 - 15.00 – tasting dishes of Oriental Cuisine
14.00 - 17.00 – Concert – a possibility to get to know more than ten ethnic cultures!
Plan of the Day:
- Opportunity to receive free consultations in person about social and legal issues from professional lawyers/ consultants from the Society “Shelter “Safe House””
- Everyone will have a possibility to take part in excursions to get to know the National Library of Latvia, excursions will be held in the Latvian, Russian and English languages and they will be free of charge
- Getting involved in the game tournaments organised by “Society of Free Interests of Youth”
- Creative workshops for children and grown-ups - “Let’s Meet - the Youth of the World!” (“Iepazīstamies – pasaules jaunieši!”), where seven young persons from different countries will show, tell, create and guess funny exercises
Everyone Interested is Invited - Entrance Free!
The Information Day is organized by the Societies “Shelter “Safe House”” and “Cooperation Platform” within the project "Information Centre for Immigrants". Its goal is to show common, different and unifying aspects of the traditions of various nations, as well as to facilitate international integration. Follow the information also on www.integration.lv
Information was prepared by:
Rasa Salina (Rasa Saliņa),
Communications and Social Media Expert,