The EU Creative Europe programme is the main instrument for supporting the cultural and creative industries in the EU, the only programme the EU has developed specifically to support them. With a dedicated budget of more than €2.4 billion, the new programme will continue to promote cultural and linguistic diversity, heritage and competitiveness, and will allow cultural and creative organisations and professionals to co-create and cooperate across borders and to reach wider audiences, tackling current societal questions and supporting emerging artists.
The general objectives of the Programme are to:
- safeguard, develop and promote European cultural and linguistic diversity and heritage;
- increase the competitiveness and the economic potential of the cultural and creative sectors, in particular the audiovisual sector.
The Programme has the following specific objectives:
(a) to enhance artistic and cultural cooperation at the European level in order to support the creation of European works and strengthen the economic, social and external dimension of and innovation and mobility in Europe’s cultural and creative sectors;
(b) to promote competitiveness, scalability, cooperation, innovation and sustainability, including through mobility, in the European audiovisual sector;
(c) to promote policy cooperation and innovative actions supporting all strands of the Programme and to promote a diverse, independent and pluralistic media environment, and media literacy, thereby fostering freedom of artistic expression, intercultural dialogue and social inclusion.
The Programme is covered in the following three strands:
- the Culture strand, which covers cultural and creative sectors with the exception of the audiovisual sector;
- the Media strand, which covers the audiovisual sector;
- the Cross-sectoral strand, which covers actions across all cultural and creative sectors.
Information about the programme: https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/creative-europe/
Please find programme Regulation HERE
Calls will be launched within the new Funding&Tenders portal: https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/home